OP Innovations Introduces Easy-to-Use Bio-Sensor to Help Users Manage Stress – The ReLax Kit
Gain Control Over Stress Using Advanced Brain Wave and Muscle Wave Monitoring
July 25, 2013, Taipei, Taiwan – OP Innovations is pleased to introduce the ReLax Kit. Capable of monitoring users' brain waves, body posture and more, the ReLax Kit provides advanced bio-signal tracking, so users can monitor and manage their stress levels. With it's ultra-compact bio-sensor and easy-to-use app, the kit can help users gain control over stress.
The ReLax Kit is geared towards people who are trying to gauge their stress levels in a simplified and visual form, such as students, office workers, and yoga and meditation enthusiasts. The ReLax Kit's versatile bio-sensor can monitor facial muscle tension, body posture, and brain waves throughout the day, during sleep, and during meditation. Meanwhile, the kit's app can display compiled brain wave and facial muscle wave data in an easy-to-read color-coded graph. With a glance at the graph, users can quickly determine their level of stress. Over time, users can learn to control or influence the output toward a desired direction. The ReLax Kit's app can also display a visual history of a user's body posture, raising poor posture awareness, which is especially important in today's sedentary world.
Included in the Relax Kit is the advanced TrueSense bio-sensor. Weighing roughly the same as a 1¢ coin (3g), users will forget they're even wearing it. Unlike many Quantitative Self devices, the TrueSense bio-sensor can distinguish brain waves from muscle waves, and is even able to individually track the different classifications of brain waves – from super beta to delta waves – giving users an in-depth look at their mental state. On a single charge, the TrueSense bio-sensor can provide over 16 hours of real-time wireless bio-feedback tracking.
Price and Availability
The ReLax Kit is available for preorder for $47.00 at www.taipeitrading.com. It includes the ReLax App, a TrueSense bio-sensor, and accompying accessories, and is capable of monitoring brain wave and posture data in real time. OP Innovations has also developed two additional kits that utilize the remarkable capabilities of the TrueSense bio-sensor:
- The Special Edition ReLax Science Kit is designed for science education, and is perfect for high school and college students conducting experiments regarding brain waves. Thanks to the downloadable ReLax App and the Science Learning Booklet, users can conduct science experiments and begin understanding data within minutes. The ReLax Science Kit is available for preorder at www.taipeitrading.com.
- The TrueSense Exploration Kit is the most advanced and versatile of the kits, and can be used for research and in-depth tracking. To encourage independent development, data streams and data sets are available in Open Format, and the OPI console and SDK (software development kit) are available with open source licenses. The TrueSense Exploration Kit is now available at www.taipeitrading.com.
Exploration Kit Technical Specifications:
- 2-electrode (bipolar) signal acquisition, 2000X high gain amplifier
- 512Hz sampling rate, 13bit effective dynamic range
- Built-in 3D (XYZ) accelerometer for motion and posture capturing
- Rechargeable LIR1220 button cell
- Support for multiple sensors, multiple controllers, and time synchronized operations
Product photos and detailed specs are available at:
About OP Innovations
OP Innovations is dedicated to the development of open data, open source, cost-effective, ultra-compact and ultra-low power do-it-yourself (DIY) consumer bio-sensor input kits. OP Innovations strives to enable ordinary people to explore and understand the marvelous miracles of themselves. By leveraging semiconductor technology and advanced low power techniques, OP Innovations provides affordable, compact devices and user-friendly DIY tool sets to encourage new software and application development. For more information, please visit www.op-innovation.com.