Thecus Explains New Features of Windows Storage Server 2012 R2 Essentials
Powerful Hardware Runs Latest Version of Windows Storage Server OS to Extend Storage Capabilities
October 21, 2014, Taipei, Taiwan – Thecus Technology Corporation is proud to introduce the latest software features of its new line of Windows Storage Server NAS.
Running Windows Storage Server 2012 R2 Essentials, these servers feature native data protection, remote access capability, enhanced cloud services with Office 365 and Microsoft Azure integration, and enhanced efficiency through data deduplication and streamlined server administration. The Windows Storage Server series runs Windows Storage Server 2012 R2 Essentials on a fully independent solid state drive for faster performance and full storage expansion capability.
- Backups complete quickly and efficiently, and use less space on your server.
- Personal data can easily be protected with File History, a new feature of Windows 8 clients, which can be centrally configured and managed from your WSS 2012 R2 Essentials server.
- Client computers can leverage a VPN connection to remotely join the WSS 2012 R2 Essentials environment without the need to come into the office.
- Enables small business to leverage the benefits of cloud services.
- Integration with Office 365 and Microsoft Azure Backup complements your local server backups with a cloud-based.
- Messaging and collaboration with Office 365 is also supported.
- Active Directory Domain Services create a scalable, secure, and manageable infrastructure for user and resource management.
- Data Deduplication finds and removes duplications within data while avoiding losses in storage fidelity and integrity. This leads to greater storage capabilities and improved data transmission performance.
- WSS 2012 R2 Essentials is designed to help small businesses operate at the same technology level as much larger organizations, without the added costs and complexities of managing a complicated storage infrastructure.
- As both truly global companies, Microsoft and Thecus have made sure to include a minimum of 36 interface languages.
- To ensure the best performance possible, each WSS 2012 R2 Essentials copy is pre-installed on an embedded solid state drive1. These boot drives are independent from the drive bays and allow for seamless setup and integration.
1The 5-bay system includes a 500GB SSHD while the 4 and 2-bay devices have a 64GB SSD.
Promising improved usability and productivity, the latest Windows Storage Server NAS from Microsoft and Thecus offer these and countless other tools to those wanting to empower their home office and business data with the pinnacle of modern networking.
Available in the US from mid-November, the recommended MSRP will be $350 for the W2000, $450 for the W4000, and $550 for the W5000.
For more information on Thecus, go to: http://www.thecus.com.
For more information on Microsoft, go to: http://www.microsoft.com.
Thecus Technology Corp. specializes in Network Attached Storage and Network Video Recorder solutions. Established in 2004 with the mission of making technology that is both intuitive and ground-breaking, Thecus offers products designed to appeal to both advanced and novice users. By combining a world-class storage R&D team with a commitment to customer satisfaction, Thecus is able to adapt to the market with its innovative NAS and NVR and fulfill the storage and surveillance needs of today’s world.